Header

Header

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Easy Mom Halloween Costumes

Halloween is a fun time! I have such great memories dressing up as a child but once I hit about 20 years old, I stopped spending tons of money on a costume. And now that I'm a mom of two boys, all my money goes to them first. But since my oldest is in school and will be trick or treating longer than 7 houses, I wanted to dress up too! Here are some very easy, fairly cheap, throw together ideas:

1. Baby: this costume is so easy! I was a baby for a few years in a row. I have a little mermaid pajama bottoms and a matching shirt, I put my hair in pigtails and bring a stuffed animal.

2. Biker Chick: I wore black pants, black boots, a black shirt, plaid shirt (or leather jacket I'd you have one) and dark bandanna on my head.

3. Pirate: Nearly the same as the Biker Chick but I smeared my eye makeup to look more smoky, painted my nails black, added my black lace gloves i have had over a decade and some skull jewelry.


4. Cat Lady: Wear your jammies (happy dance!) complete with slippers and a robe. I tied together a bunch of stuffed animal cats and wore it like a scraf. And I threw my hair into a messy claw clip. So simple and comfy!


Other easy ideas I don't have all items for:
- A Princess: fancy dress & tiara
- Identity Thief: sweater with a bunch of "Hello...My Name Is" stickers on it with names
-Woods Person: plaid shirt, jeans, boots, beanie and toy axe
-Ghost: white sheet with holes cut out
-Nurse/Doctor: matching scrub top & bottom (I'm sure you can get them cheap someplace)
There are so many awesome, last minute costumes you can whip together in a short time! Pinterest is an amazing source! Don't let your kids gave all the fun! They'll look back and remember you joining in the Halloween fun with them and it'll make that memory all the more special!
Happy Mommy-ing!




No comments:

Post a Comment