Header

Header

Saturday, October 28, 2017

DIY Toddler Family Photo Album

We are going home a little over 30 days. I am going to be flying, by myself, with a 5 year old and a 2 year old... boy am I crazy! So in preparation for my journey home on at 6 hour plus, by myself with two young kids, I have been doing multiple posts on what I'm taking in my carry on (post coming later), and my "Busy Bag" items that I am doing for my kids. This idea came to me when I saw a Pin where a lady took a photo album and had alphabet letters like roads for her kids to trace with cars (link here). There's also tons of ideas on Pinterest making family photo albums that are kid-friendly [again link here].
Both of my sons have those Sassy books of "Who Loves Baby?". It's squishy, and you can put photos in but it only holds 7 pictures.

My mom made me a photo album of me with my grandparents and uncles when I was about five or six and I still have it to this day. I love it so I decided to make a version of it for my kids for on the airplane.
I found pictures on Facebook, Instagram and my phone of all are different family members from both sides of the family and even some pets, used my photo editor on my phone to put labels on it to say who the person was in the picture:
Uploaded them to Sam's Club to have a printed (cheapest thing $0.17 a picture):
I found a photo album for a dollar:
Filled it:
Added Scrapbook Paper to the front cover: 

Done! Plain and simple!
Now I can quiz my kids on who everybody is, especially our two-year-old. He kind of knows everybody but it takes him a little bit to get comfortable with everybody. He seemed to love it! And he learned a few new faces 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment