Header

Header

Friday, October 20, 2017

The Mother Load of "Busy Bags"


Wow! I was looking through all the "Busy Bags" my mom had made me a few years ago and I had NO IDEA I had so many wonderful bags at my fingertips! I even re-created some because I had not checked my stock pile:
Not a "Busy Bag" but a really cool book with a manga doodle attached

Coloring: Mini White Board and Dry Erase Markers

My Mom found this at a Craft Fair: Left side holds six cars in pockets and the street is sewn on

Building: Beads and cut up straws with yarn and shoelaces

Matching: Paint swatches (FREE) and Poms Poms 

Matching Game: Felt sewn together to create a pocket and popsicle sticks with felt glued on

Lacing Cards

Puppets: Paint swatches as puppets and finger puppets

Cards: Dollar Store Flash Cards

Coloring: Coloring, Stickers and Paper

Building: Colored Popsicle sticks and printed, laminated pattern cards

Building: Wiffle balls and pile cleaners

Button Snake: Ribbon with button sewn on & cut out felt with slit in the middle

I Spy: colored rice and small items to hide (inside a Ziploc, in the pencil pouch, glued zipper and safety pinned!)

Building: Colored Popsicle sticks with Velcro circles on them

Matching Game: Felt Hands with matching paper clips

Matching: Cardboard Alphabet puzzles 

Building: Felt pieces with snaps to make rings

Activity: Felt Fishing Game (magnets sewn in-between felt, yarn on pencil with washer on the end and felt pond)

I Spy: Magnifying glass and small animals

Building: Cut up sponges as quiet blocks

Matching: More Puzzles (Letters and Numbers) 

WOW is all I can say! That was what my mom blessed me with years ago and I have added to it so here are those: 
Building: Crazy Straws and cut out felt pieces with slits in the middle

Coloring: Grab and Go coloring pack and Crayons

Matching: Five cut out felt shapes in five colors

Cards: Huge deck of playing cards 

Activity: Build-able street pieces and car


  I have 27 "Busy Bags" at my disposal! Holy Cow!!!! You would think I have the most quiet kids when we go out to eat or while waiting at places but honestly there are a few bags that I need to help my kids with and there are some that they do not care for. Only a handful hold their attention for longer than a few minutes. It's not reasonable to take this entire box and all 27 bags with me everywhere I go! I always have some sort of coloring for my kids, some sort of cards (playing cards or flash cards) and cars with me at all times: both in the car and the diaper bag. But these little bags are AMAZING! I cannot stress enough that every mom, no matter how much money you can spend, no matter how much time you have, no matter how old you child/children are: "Busy Bags" are a must for moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment