Header

Header

Saturday, May 12, 2018

My Plan for Surviving Summer With 2 Under 6

The school year is almost over and soon I will be with both my kids nearly 24 hours a day. We live in a very hot and humid area so I cannot throw the kids outside for hours upon hours without having to take them to the hospital from heat stroke. And sitting around, watching TV all day is not going to be an option neither, no matter how tempting that sounds to mommy! So what to do? Well of course Pinterest has SO MANY ideas for summer schedules for kids. The best thing to do when it comes to finding schedules on Pinterest is to adapt it to work into your life.
My oldest son recently had a random Tuesday off  and I decided it would be a great opportunity to try out my version of a summer schedule and for the most part it seems like it's going to work.
This is my take on a Summer Schedule:
You might notice that my kids do not bathe everyday and that is because they both have very sensitive skin so too much bath-time irritates them. And on Saturdays we sit down after bath-time in our jammies to watch a family movie that was the theme from dinner. Again this was a Pinterest idea but I completely love it! So like tonight is Saturday and we are watching Disney and Pixar's The Incredibles! The dinner menu is: Hero Submarine sandwiches, Spiral noodles, fruit and string cheese and maybe ice cream during the movie... maybe just popcorn since my kids get too hyper from sugar and the whole point of a Family Movie night is for quiet family time. Here is the link to my Pinterest board of all the Movie Nights and themed dinners I have found and are going to try this year. This is a tradition that we started a few months ago and we are really enjoying it! It's something that they look forward to every week, we get to share our favorite movies with our kids and when family visits - they can join in on the fun without it being awkward. 
This, of course, is just my plan for Summer. My oldest still has a few weeks of school left, so here's hoping that it works out and the beauty of this schedule is that if it doesn't work - there is room for change.
Happy Mommy-ing! 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment