Header

Header

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Pregnancy/Big Sister Care Package

When I was pregnant with my second baby nothing made me happier than when people got my oldest stuff to help him become a big brother. I live away from the majority of my family and friends, so one of my very dear family friends is having her second baby and I decided to send her and her little girl a care package. I honestly shopped around my house for everything in this kit, well just about everything in the kit. I have been blessed with so many people that love getting us stuff that I have duplicates of a lot of things. 
One of my go-to things is crocheting. I love making crocheted gifts for people. So I made the new baby a camo colored blanket and I made his sister a Oklahoma Sooners colored headband with bow.

For my friend who's having the baby I have a pack of Jolly Ranchers, because when you are are in active labor you cannot have anything solid so that helped when I had my second baby. And these awesome labor socks that I got from a couple different people when I was pregnant with my second baby and I wanted to share the love - they're amazing!
For the big sister I decided to make a tiny, I wouldn't say busy bag, but just a bunch of activities that she can take with her if she's at the hospital or just things for her in general. I have water colors, counting of flashcards, a pack of markers, a pack of Color Wonder paper and Color Wonder markers, plain white paper, cardboard books, some Dum Dum little suckers (because every little kid loves suckers) and finally a cute little bag to put all in.
All of this I had in my house! I have that many doubles!

I had to buy these things but I only spent 8$ total with the Color Wonder markers being the most expensive.  
And that is it! A simple care package for someone special since I cannot be there in person. I am shipping it to my parents and they will be delivering it to the mommy-of-almost-2 and the big-sister-to-be for me! 
Happy Mommy-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment