Header

Header

Monday, February 5, 2018

My Cures for the Hun-Angry Mommy Monster

I'm a mommy of two, as many of you know, and like many mommies out there there's not always time for me to sit down and eat a meal without having to share it with my youngest or make both kids something too. The new lingo is putting hungry and angry together to make hun-angry, and I think that describes the majority of the hungry mommies out there! We have to share our food with our children and many of us hide the foods we don't want to share and eat them during nap time or behind a closed door or when our back is turned and stuff it all in our mouth quickly. These are a few of my quick go-to food that I love. They're not necessarily the best thing but they're quick so yummy to eat.
I suffer, not suffer - live with PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder, like severe PMS -a blog on that coming soon!) after my second pregnancy so I get cravings like I'm pregnant, but I'm not, and some of these are my current cravings that I've had for about 6 weeks.

So from the photo above I'll start left to right:
Easy Mac/Rice A Roni Instant: these are my go-to hot/microwave lunches. If I have the time, I do prefer to make Mac and cheese from the box because, in my opinion, it tastes WAY better. But the instant is good when I'm in a time crunch. The Rice A Roni is super good and I like eating the chicken flavor with ketchup. I can't make this from the box to safe the life of me, I always burn it, so I love this! About 3 to 4 minutes for each in the microwave with a little water and I have a hot lunch!
Dr Pepper/Mnt Dew Kickstart: I always drink one of these a day. I haven't met a mom yet that doesn't need some form of daily caffeine, especially moms of toddlers. Dr Pepper has one of the highest contains of caffeine for a soda per can and I love these tiny bottles so I can re-close them and take them in my bag without the fear for them spilling or needing to drink it quickly. The Kickstarts are wonderful! It's an energy drink without the added chemical junk most other energy drinks have added to them. It's only 80 calories and tastes great!
Hormel Gatherings Snack Tray: above is what is left of my "grown up Lunchables". I absolutely love these in the honey ham/mild cheddar cheese flavor. They last about 3 times eating and although it's probably not the best thing for me to be eating, the way I see it is I'm eating protein which is always a good thing.
 Naked Brand- Green Machine/Sparkling Ice- Cherry Limeade: I don't drink these every day, these on on occasion because they are a little pricey. I love Naked Brand Green Machine in the mornings when I want to feel healthy, I feel like I'm doing something good for my body by drinking it. I hate green foods! I don't eat salads, rabbit food I call it, so this drink has all those green salad-y veggies inside it along with fruits to make it taste yummy! I love cherry limeade! I prefer the Walmart brand Clear Sparkling water because it's clear and cheap but the bottle is 32oz, heavy and huge, it doesn't fit in my bag or my car cup holders. So I do like that this bottle is smaller and easier to take along with me and I just recently found them in an 8 pack of cans so I a excited to start getting those soon.
Little Debbie Snack Cakes: I am currently obsessed with these yummy, oh-so-bad for you cakes! They are 300 calories per pack of two, as my husband likes to point out since we are trying to exercise and be healthier as a family. But these are another craving from PMDD and I can't go a day without eating these.
BelVita Breakfast Cookies/Stash Fusion Breakfast Black & Green tea: these are a morning staple for me! The breakfast cookies we have Monday thru Friday in the car while we wait to drop off my oldest at school, I have 2 and my youngest has 2. They are very tasty, have whole grains and are very easy to take with us. They are messy when they break but other than that I love these! The Stash Fusion Breakfast Black and Green Tea is a morning staple for both me and my husband. I have it every morning, I'm a mess without it. I do not like coffee and I like that it has green tea in it but it doesn't taste like green tea. I do put too much sugar in it but I am slowly cutting back the amount I put into my morning tea (I drink decaf black tea at night). We have to order it on Amazon but it's well worth it.
PEZ Candies: I absolutely love PEZ candy!  I use to buy the dispensers with three candies, sometimes you can find the refill hanging pack that has six candies and that's okay too if you can find it. I ran across this huge bag at my local Toys R Us and bought two bags of it!! I love these candies because they're so small, I stash them in my car for meltdowns, I stash them in my purse for me or to calm my kids. I can hide these under a blanket if I am crocheting on the couch and eat them right in front of my kids. I love these candies!

• Not pictured: some of my other favorite snacks are Fiber One strawberry cheesecake bar, Quaker mini rice cakes in Caramel, Simply Balanced fruit leather in strawberry from Target, drinkable yogurt  in a strawberry flavor and whole grain Goldfish/Cheez-itz (I mean, what mom of a toddler doesn't eat Goldfish crackers?!). I need to drink more water so I do like Crush brand grape water enhancer packets. I keep one in my purse, I really need to get better at drinking one or two a day. They do contain aspartame which is not good for you but I hate drinking plain water so a little bit of aspartame is better than no water at all in my opinion.
Well those are my cures for the Hun-Angry Mommy Monster. What are your cures for your Hun-Angry mommy monster?

Happy Mommy-ing

No comments:

Post a Comment