Header

Header

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Coupon Binder

I am by no means an extreme couponer. But I do like getting things cheaper than normal. When I go grocery shopping I have all my coupons laid out, I have my store loyalty card digitally pulled up on my computer, I write down a list of dinners for 2 weeks (our pay period) and check off what I already have on hand. It takes me a good couple hours to get ready to go grocery shopping. Why would I do all that work? Why not just go shopping and not worry about planning ahead or the fuss of coupons? Because I save, on average, $24 to $30 dollars on items we use all the time!  That is what makes it whole it to me! 
My original coupon binder looks like this:
I organized it in order by most important, when my kids were really little the most important thing for us to save on was baby items. Now that my kids are older and I've been doing this for a few years I only really shop at one store. I used to write everything down that I needed on a pad of paper and then rewrite it in the order that I get them at the store that takes a lot of mental work. So I figured there had to be a better way that I could go grocery shopping and not miss using any coupons for items that I was buying. And I'm a mom so remembering last minute is always so stressful. So I decided to reorganize my coupon binder in a way that reflects the items within the store I go to. 
First I wrote down seven different categories for my 7 different dividers and this is what I came up with:
Then I came up with subcategories per divider like under the food there is boxed in canned food.
Next it was time to redo my coupon binder. The simple as getting my label maker out and relabeling my dividers.
Then I rearrange my coupon so according to their new dividers and subcategories.
And finally I had this many pencil pouch left over from my busy bags that I purchased from the dollar store. I figured it was a better place to hold all the coupons I am going to use for my next shopping trip instead of the plastic sandwich baggie I was using because the pencil pouch actually fits in the binder.
And that's it I'm ready to go! Not only do I have all my coupons better organized, and a new place to put all of my coupons I'm going to use, but my list fits perfectly in the pencil pouch couldn't be simpler!

Happy Mommy-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment