Header

Header

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Product View: Zippysacks!

My five year old is pretty good at doing his chores: picking up his room, feeding the cats, putting his dirty dishes in the sink - the biggest issue is making his bed in the mornings. It's not that he can't do - it's the fact that his bed is up against the wall and he moves around so much at night he can't get his comforter back between the wall and his bed. So a lot of the times I go upstairs after I drop him off at school and make it for him, remake it - make look nice. There had to be a better way.
Enter Bed Bath & Beyond with their As Seen On TV Zippysack! I first saw this on a yard sale site through Facebook and then looked it up online. I then found it at the Bed Bath & Beyond website on clearance, plus the 20% off coupon they mail you and got it under $15 shipped! First when I took it out of the package I was a little disappointed.

The pictures and videos that featured it made the product look like it was more of a comforter or a sleeping bag fitted onto a mattress. Not a blanket that fits around the mattress and zips up. So it kind of makes the bed sleeping bag in a way. I don't know how hot or cold it's going to be, it's made out of normal blanket material. So I took off the old comforter, left the fitted sheet, the flat sheet, and the blanket he normally uses and then put the Zippysack on as the comforter on top of everything. It does not zip up as far as the video shows either, it zips up and then you flip it on top of the pillows and you're good to go. It zips on one side which I kind of like it to allow him to move but not too much. My thoughts are this product will kind of keep everything contained so that if he does move around a bunch during the night - there's not much that he has to fixed in the morning. He is at school for the moment so I do not know his thoughts on it, I will be sure to put it down below.
He was not very impressed with it at the beginning...I mean his brother got a stuffed animal to sleep with so he was hoping for a new toy. But then again he is only five years old and all they want is toys. He then said it was super soft and he wanted to sleep in it that night. He told me the next morning that it was easy to make his bed (it cut his time from almost 10 minutes to about 4 minutes!) and that he was warm enough during the night!

All in all this was worth the 15$ and I wish we had purchased this sooner and once our youngest is ready for a big boy bed - we will be buying him one as well!

To purchase yours from the Bed Bath Beyond website: link here
All options are my own, I was not paid for this review and I purchased it - was not given it for free. 
Happy Mommy-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment