Header

Header

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

UPDATE: Before/After Busy Bag for Younger Kids


This was my original before after school busy bag type of bag for my youngest: 

 and here is the link for that post. I ultimately decided to get rid of the big open tote because I got the Tall Organizing Tote from Thirty One that zipped up.

I downsize a lot because in reality my son just wanted to watch cartoons, have something to drink, and have something to eat. I didn't need toys because I have a box of toys & books in the car. So this new bag just has: a book for me, a bundle of yarn for me to crochet a small project while waiting, a crocheting hook on the outside, a little notebook if my son wants to draw & a pen, a crocheting needle. I always have a drink for me and drink for both my kids and after-school snack for my oldest and I keep this bag packed up with most of time with a Gerber Grabber, fruit snacks, and goldfish or cookies in some sort of little bowl for my youngest to hold.

As a backup distraction I also have a .99 calculator that I bought at Walmart just in case he gets bored with a food, bored with a cartoons and all the other activities I have for him but most of the time he's happy eating and watching cartoons.


I also incorporated this hack from the Krazy Coupon Lady (here) about adding a few school supplies to keep/take in the car daily for those just in case moments and have them as back up like: a pencil, a pen, a pencil/crayon sharper, tissues, and a glue stick.


And that's it I grabbed my purse on one shoulder and a grab this on the other hand we go.

These are just some of the small projects I have made while waiting to pick up my oldest 

No comments:

Post a Comment