Header

Header

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Adjusting

So it's been a week since Hubby left for his 9 month deployment and life, unfortunately must go on. There are certain things that I use to do that I will not do while he is away for the best interests of us all. I use to watch the news when I had those late night/very early morning feeds with my son but after they featured a story on a widowed wife who was joining the Army in honor of her husband, that hit me too close to home. The past week my son had a bad cold complete with a fever, we have been staying indoors just cuddling. That in itself has made this first week fly by.
As I wait for his extra pay to kick in, I'm getting my lists together on the things I'm going to need for organizing and making our new house a home. The first step, hang up all our framed pictures around the house so Hubby's face is there when I miss him and our families are proudly displayed as a reminder that I'm not alone. Love my new feature wall in our living room, I look at it numerous times a day and walk by it all the time. Next, get a sugar shaker, like the ones at coffee shops, so we don't have to walk to the pantry, get out the huge 4 pound container every morning to have my morning cup of tea. Easy enough because found one at Walmart for a buck!  
Well that's all for now. Happy Thanksgiving, I have more than enough to be thankful for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment